Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Here We Go

Got the idea for this blog this morning when I actually felt like I handled a marital situation with aplomb - a fairly rare thing. (Here's hoping "Husband X" doesn't become "X Husband"...)

The elevator pitch? Marriages are hard, some 60% of them fail and who knows how many of the remainder suck. There are some books that outline good strategy (the general advice - "Don't be an asshole" - thanks) but rarely go into enough detail on good tactics, day to day "moves" you could use to try and make your marriage suck less.

I'll probably go into more detail on my philosophy of marriage later. I'm not sure if I'll tell my wife I'm doing this or keep it a secret and thereby free myself to possibly be more honest here. (Or I can be more honest there and less honest here. A conundrum.)

My qualifications? Are piss poor. I've only been married almost ten years and would have gotten divorced by now if it wasn't for feeling obligation to the kids, who are awesome. (Of course, if it wasn't for the kids, there wouldn't be the stress that make us want to get divorced in the first place. One of the great ironies.) I haven't done any scientific studies or anything. I'm just a guy who's going to share some things that have worked for him and a lot of things that haven't. (Assuming I keep this up. I'm a pretty busy guy.)

So, without further ado, my first entry.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe ... I think we started blogging at around the same time. I'm Candice and of course interested in the way men think. I'll be checking your blog from time to time! C

    ReplyDelete